The first step in creating a remote intrusion detection network requires a geographic analysis of the infrastructure and/or remote area that requires protection. In order to maximize the sensor network, an analysis of the earth’s topology or building infrastructure is performed.
Vortex Systems engineers create detailed schematics and deployment diagrams from satellite imagery in order to guarantee a quick and easy rollout of all our custom sensor networks. Every customer has unique requirements and our field engineers will work closely with you and your agency to ensure the best possible solution for your investment.
The Deployment Process
- Sales engineer meets with potential customer to identify area / infrastructure to be protected. Engineer captures details about the customer needs and identifies what sensor hardware is best suited for the task at each location. Engineer captures information about existing internal computer networks and hardware. Engineer captures information about customer work force and internal work flows.
- Field engineer uses high tech software tools to analyze the topology of geographic area or facility captured in step one to map out optimal physical deployment schematics and diagrams. Field engineer uses three dimensional line of site tools to ensure radio transmitters will be deployed in the best possible locations before rolling out the network to save time and money.
- Field engineer configures sensor hardware identified in step one so equipment is ready for deployment before it even ships saving time and money in the field.
- Field engineer pre-configures necessary software tools and services needed for tracking and responding to sensor signals. Field engineer pre-configures messaging system for system users.
- Field engineer travels to customer location and deploys hardware and software components.
- Field engineer conducts on-site training and testing of equipment and software. This provides your staff with the know-how to manage, track and respond to network intrusions.
- Customer immediately benefits from investment by increasing asset protection to 24/7 without adding manpower. Customer increases productivity by re-assigning existing manpower to other activities and responds to intrusions when notified by sensor system.